Thank you for all applications submitted – the application period is now closed.
Starting to build a business with a social purpose? Got a great idea and want some experienced mentorship to guide you in developing and testing your business plan? Want to join a network of other social entrepreneurs as you tackle the challenges of starting up?
Applications are now open for our next Trampoline incubator cohort. We’re looking for social entrepreneurs seeking to use their venture to address a real community, social, or environmental need. We welcome applications from first time social entrepreneurs, SFU students with a successful student social impact project to validate, early stage social ventures, and existing social ventures with a new product/service offering to test.
A successful social venture marries three elements:
- it has a meaningful purpose and impact;
- it feeds the passions of the entrepreneur; and
- it has a viable, sustainable business model.
Trampoline works with early stage social ventures to determine if they have these elements.
The program will focus on:
- Introduction to design thinking and human-centred design methods
- Designing a venture for purpose and impact
- Introduction to lean start-up and Business Model Canvas, particularly value proposition and customer/channel acquisition
- Personal and team leadership
- Cost accounting and financial modeling
- Introduction to start-up financing tools and sources
What you’ll leave with:
- The confidence and clarity to move quickly and make it happen
- A complete and customer-tested Business Model Canvas
- An action plan with your next steps to a Minimum Viable Product or Service
- Prioritized sales channels, customer types, and revenue opportunities
- New and lasting connections with like-minded and local entrepreneurs
- Frameworks and processes you can continue to use going forward
- Exposure through RADIUS communications channels and networks
Donovan Woollard is a proven impact entrepreneur and the Director of RADIUS Ventures. He has successfully built and run a number of ventures and is a well-regarded mentor, trainer, and venture development partner.
Mike Rowlands is an accomplished entrepreneur, consultant and advisor who is engaged by mission-based organizations around the world to craft distinctive strategies and support visionary entrepreneurs and leaders.
Dates: Trampoline will run June 2nd-25th, meeting Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Location: RADIUS HQ at The AMP, #90-425 Carrall St (Gastown/Chinatown)
Cost: $1,200 per entrepreneur or $1,600 per team of two.
Applicants in need of funding may wish to apply for a Canada-BC jobs grant (which could cover 2/3 of the training costs up to $10k per person per fiscal year, where the business or self-employed person pays the other 1/3). Applications must be submitted before training begins and decisions take approximately 30 days. Businesses registered or operating in BC can apply for funding for their current or future employees. Please see the Canada-BC jobs grant website for further details.
Apply here by May 22nd at 11:59pm. Applications will be reviewed as received. We may begin pre-work with companies as soon as accepted, so apply early!
Questions? Please email Donovan Woollard at firstname.lastname@example.org.