The Local Economic Development Lab (LEDlab) – a joint initiative of RADIUS and Ecotrust Canada – is hiring for a great new Project Manager position!
LEDlab partners with community organizations to explore innovative ways to build a more vibrant and inclusive local economy in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. We are seeking a highly organized relationship-builder, storyteller, and project manager to lead LEDlab’s 2017/18 cohort of innovative projects, and to help tell and share stories of impact from the lab and its community partners.
The Project Manager will…
- Assist in scoping 2017/18 projects,
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of graduate student Project Coordinators,
- Manage LEDlab website, and lead digital storytelling through blogs and newsletters,
- Maintain and grow LEDlab relationships and collaborations with inner city networks,
- Support program administration, and
- Support in activating knowledge mobilization events and workshops.
The ideal candidate…
- Is passionate about advancing equity and diversity in our cities, as well as in the social innovation space.
- Is comfortable working in a community setting, with a high degree of self-awareness.
- Has strong consulting and customer service skills.
- Is able to listen to the needs of others and frame opportunities around them.
- Facilitates generative and impactful small group meetings.
- Can manage and mentor a team of 4-5 Project Coordinators.
- Is an experienced storyteller, excellent writer and editor, and creative in their approach to knowledge dissemination both online and offline.
- Is comfortable working in WordPress, Campaign Monitor, and can learn new digital tools as required.
- Has an understanding of social innovation labs, and design thinking methodology.
- Has relevant experience in economic development, poverty alleviation, entrepreneurship, or urban (economic) planning.
- Enjoys working in independent, highly dynamic situations with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Is organized and detailed oriented.
- Is thoughtful, tenacious, and has a sense of humour!
Bonus Skills Wish List:
- Social enterprise development, entrepreneurship
- Experience in the Downtown Eastside (DTES)
- Graphic design
For more information including application instructions, download the full job description.