***Update: By popular demand, RADIUS is hosting an info session for all those interested in applying to the 2016 Fellowship cohort. Lead Educator Tamara Connell and Operations Manager Maggie Knight will share more information about the program, answer your questions, and help you figure out if this is the right fit for you. Tuesday, January 26th, 5-6pm; RADIUS, The AMP, #90-425 Carrall St (mezzanine level). RSVP here and invite your friends on Facebook. (Please note that you are welcome to apply without attending the info session. You are also welcome to email Tamara with your questions at tconnell[at]radiussfu.com if you can’t attend in person.)***
Once a year, the RADIUS Fellows program opens applications to bring together a cohort of emerging Radical Doers from the SFU community and the Lower Mainland. We are looking for the next generation of untamed social entrepreneurs and innovators who are early on their changemaking journey, demonstrating remarkable accomplishment and a relentless dedication to creating positive, sustainable impact in all they do.
You are a Doer. An Explorer. And you want to accelerate your development as a changemaker with a community that inspires you.
Intended to identify, profile, support and catalyze these emerging Radical Doers, the Fellowships will provide the community, mentorship and tools needed to create deep social impact and pursue work with purpose.
RADIUS Fellows will:
- gather for weekly cohort sessions – learning, socializing, and sharing skills
- form meaningful relationships with each other and within the RADIUS network while raising your profile within the social innovation community in Vancouver
- build a one-on-one relationship with a mentor
- develop a learning plan to guide your focus throughout the program
- receive ongoing coaching support to focus your development and check in on your goals as outlined in your learning plan
- attend YVR social innovation events with the cohort
- connect with dozens of mentors, coaches, leaders, peers and innovators
- be profiled on the RADIUS website and be offered opportunities to showcase yourself and your work to the broader public