RADIUS is currently accepting applications for a smart, savvy volunteer to help build out the Perks Program for participants in our Slingshot Accelerator program.
The Perks Program provides complimentary or discounted access to productivity tools, point-of-sale systems and cloud services for ventures in the RADIUS Ventures Accelerator program Slingshot. We already have relationships with a number of providers. Your job is to build on that to develop a fully formed Perks Program. This is a part time volunteer opportunity reporting to the RADIUS Ventures Program Strategist.
The right applicant is excited to work pretty independently as part of the Ventures team, has a working knowledge of best practices and useful tools for early stage ventures and is interested in building relationships with RADIUS team, service providers and a community of social entrepreneurs.
The duties of the volunteer are as follows:
- Research perk programs offered by other accelerator programs; understand best-practices; and make recommendations on how the program should be structured
- Based upon the value offering of the Slingshot program as a whole, identify gaps and value-adds that could be provided by perk providers
- Add to compiled list of potential perks and tools to ensure we have a comprehensive list of target offerings
- Build relationships and programs with service providers to understand if they have an accelerator partner program or provide discounted pricing to early stage businesses
- Conduct conversations (involving the RADIUS Ventures Program Strategist when relevant) to understand what potential partners would be able to provide and what they would expect to receive from RADIUS
- Package the program and ensure that ventures are able to understand and access what is available to them
To apply, please send an email expressing your interest, along with your resume, to Rebecca Konsolos (rkonsolos[at]radiussfu.com) with the subject line “Perks Program Volunteer Application”.
Start date: immediately
Duration: three months (exact hours and duration are flexible)