A Slingshot accelerator Cohort 2 celebration
May 7th | 6 PM
Portside Pub | 7 Alexander Street
Light food provided.
Get your $10 ticket here!
Advance tickets include your first drink. (Otherwise, $10 at the door but no drink ticket!)
Since November, the hard-working ventures in Slingshot 2, RADIUS Ventures’ flagship 6-month accelerator, have learned, tested, grown, challenged, and laughed with each other. Supported by Vancity, the Ventures program finds and amplifies top emerging social ventures. As this second cohort wraps up, you’re invited to a community celebration – part RADIUS family reunion, part social innovation mixer!
Come on out if you:
- want to learn about and celebrate these 8 social impact ventures
- want to connect with social entrepreneurs who are in the thick of things – share experiences, lessons learned, and helpful connections
- want to help us say thank you to the presenters, mentors, and supporters who have contributed to this Slingshot cohort
- are interested in the Slingshot program and want to find out more
- like spending time with a lot of fun, passionate innovators!
Who are the Slingshot 2 Ventures? Learn more about them here!
- Ethelo – An online software platform that delivers actionable insights to organizations about the needs and desires of groups. Ethelo’s overarching goal is to bring disruptive improvement to a fundamental human activity: how we make collective decisions. We are looking to change the way democracy operates using a technology business strategy.
- Homesteader’s Emporium – Homesteader’s helps modern folk connect with the world and each other by creating food and household products from scratch. They offer ready access to retail supplies, expertise, and regularly scheduled workshops at their brick-and-mortar space at 649 E Hastings St.
- LifeSpace Projects – LifeSpace Projects is a thriving landscape design business that seeks to commercialize its proprietary self-watering LifeSpace Gardens.
- New District – A Vancouver-based technology venture that connects the craft winemaker with the consumer. Combining high-quality content and refined technology, New District enables local winemakers to reach a wide audience of wine-lovers while maintaining focus on their craft.
- Riipen – An online platform that connects student with companies through short-term, skill-specific projects early on in the students’ post secondary education.
- Transformation Projects – A special events production company with a specialty in public engagement that fortifies the cultural immune system by curating events that happen in public, experiences for tens, hundreds or thousands. Their contracts focus on the good work of businesses, municipalities and NGOs working with a mandate of transforming community and upholding principles of sustainability, inclusion and creativity.
- Urban Stream – Founded with the mission to change the local food system through technology solutions, Urban Stream is a Vancouver start-up that is rolling out its proprietary composting unit to restaurants and other Lower Mainland users.
- Youth in Development – Youth in Development’s mission is to help students, both at the secondary and post-secondary levels, develop a holistic understanding of what it’s really like to live, learn, and work in a developing country.