RADIUS seeks an experienced, creative, and nimble person to join our team as Lead Educator. Reporting to the Director of RADIUS, the Lead Educator will have lead accountability for delivering the RADIUS Fellows program and development of core curriculum across our program areas. This is a full-time, 8 month contract position with strong potential for renewal pending performance, fit and funding. Download this position posting here.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on November 17th, 2015 (see application details below).
RADIUS delivers cohort-based programs to Radical Doers at various phases of exploration, launch, and growth. All of our programs build from a core focus on:
- developing personal vision and leadership,
- creating peer-based learning and doing environments, and
- cultivating connections between Radical Doers and the broader ecosystem of partners, mentors, investors, lenders, learned ones, and other kick-ass doers.
The Lead Educator will have the following core accountabilities:
1. Development and deployment of the RADIUS toolkit of methodologies, readings, exercises, and curriculum materials.
The “RADIUS Way” is the unique blend of self awareness, empirical approach, humility, and commitment to impact that underpins all of our work. The Lead Educator will be accountable for ensuring that the RADIUS Way continues to deepen, pedagogically and in application across our programs.
2. Management and delivery of the RADIUS Fellows program, a leadership and network development cohort for emerging social change leaders.
The Fellows program ran its inaugural cohort in 2015. This five month program brought together 20 young doers and achieved measurable and qualitative value in terms of capacity building, connectivity, and personal development. Read more about the program here. http://www.radiussfu.com/portfolio/fellowships-in-radical-doing/.
The Lead Educator will also have functional responsibilities – supporting RADIUS teammates – in these areas:
- curriculum development support (and possible facilitation) in various program contexts, including RADIUS Ventures’ Trampoline, Slingshot, and First Peoples Enterprise Accelerator cohorts, our Local Economic Development (LED) Lab partnership with Ecotrust Canada, and SFU classroom and extracurricular programs where appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced and effective facilitator
- have demonstrated knowledge and experience in personal leadership and transformation, and in experiential learning methodologies
- have experience developing curriculum and/or toolkits of practice
- have knowledge of and experience in core frameworks in entrepreneurial development, including lean start-up, design thinking, human centred design, and more.
- understand our users, and demonstrate a clear understanding – preferably through direct experience – of an entrepreneurial and/or innovator mindset
- have a strong action orientation and the drive to build something incredible
- excel at articulating the value and outcomes of experiential education programs to audiences including partners, funders, potential participants, and the general public
- have experience identifying fundraising opportunities, collaborating with colleagues to target and secure funding, and exploring different revenue models for experiential education
- see themselves as a Radical Doer
RADIUS strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally under-represented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, people identifying as LGBT*QI, and people with disabilities.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Maggie Knight at mknight[at]radiussfu[dot]com by November 17th at 11:59pm with the subject line “Application: RADIUS Lead Educator”. In your cover letter, please concisely address the following:
- Why are you interested in the position and why do your experience and skills make you a good fit?
- Why do you think experiential education and personal transformation work are effective methodologies to deploy with social ventures and social innovators?
- What experience do you have working with SFU, other post-secondary institutions, and/or social enterprises and social innovation organizations and networks?
- Tell us about a time you built something awesome (program, project, event, organization, etc!).
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the RADIUS team. We expect to hold interviews on November 26th, 27th, and 30th.