RADIUS seeks a creative, analytical, and agile entrepreneur and educator to join our team as the RADIUS Ventures Program Manager. Reporting to the Co-Director of RADIUS (Ventures) and working closely with the rest of the RADIUS team, the Program Manager will help to shape and deliver RADIUS’ incubator and accelerator programs for “Radical Doers”.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on Monday January 16th, 2017 (see application details below).
RADIUS delivers cohort-based programs to Radical Doers at various phases of exploration, launch, and growth. All of our programs are dedicated to…
- creating peer-based learning and ‘doing’ environments,
- developing Doers’ personal vision and leadership,
- bringing Doers from broad perspectives and backgrounds into the innovation and entrepreneurship community, and
- cultivating connections between the Radical Doers we work with and the broader ecosystem of partners, mentors, investors, lenders, learned ones, and other kick-ass doers.
The RADIUS Ventures Program Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing program management and delivery across RADIUS Ventures’ core cohort-based programs.
The Program Manager will be the primary point of contact and engagement for entrepreneurs participating in our Slingshot Accelerator and Trampoline Business Model Validation Program, as well as programs targeted to specific communities and demographics such as the RBC First Peoples Enterprise Accelerator Program.
As Program Manager, you will bring a keen understanding of how to create and cultivate a dynamic learning environment for entrepreneurs, balancing creativity and discipline, reflection and achievement.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- program promotion and recruitment,
- with the Director and Program Strategist, continual improvement to program design,
- managing participant screening and intake processes,
- program delivery coordination (including securing guest speakers, coordinating content, co-facilitation, etc.)
- coordination and production of program-related public events,
- alumni metrics tracking and reporting,
- other tasks as required to ensure effective program delivery (day-to-day program logistics, cohort communication, etc.), and
- lead or co-lead delivery for Trampoline Business Model Validation Program.
- On an ad hoc basis, supporting other RADIUS-related initiatives.
This may include but not be limited to direct venture support and co-entrepreneurship efforts (outside of cohort-based programs).
The successful candidate will have these qualities:
- experience in a dynamic, iterative professional environment
- LOVES facilitating groups of creative, innovative Doers
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a strong action orientation and the drive to build something incredible
- able to thrive while juggling tasks and working in a self-directed fashion
- experience and aptitude in working across cultures, education levels and business sectors
- sees themselves as a Radical Doer
This successful candidate will have these skills:
- a proven ability to screen, analyse and prioritize opportunities and strategies
- a proven ability to facilitate and engage
- have a degree in business, education, design or equivalent, and/or 3+ years full time professional experience in an entrepreneurial context
- have knowledge of and experience in core frameworks in entrepreneurial development, including human centred design, lean start-up, business model development and more
- understand our users, and demonstrate a clear understanding – preferably through direct experience – of an entrepreneurial and/or innovator mindset
Strong assets include:
- familiarity with the regional social venture community
- experience as a facilitator or teacher, and capability to lead or co-lead entrepreneurial program delivery as necessary
- experience having launched their own innovative or entrepreneurial project or venture (whether or not successfully!)
- experience collaborating with First Nations entrepreneurs, projects, and/or communities
- experience collaborating with individuals and organizations working on economic inclusion in an inner city context
RADIUS strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, people identifying as LGBTQ, and people with disabilities.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Nigel Mojica at nmojica[at]radiussfu[dot]com by 11:59pm Monday January 16th, 2017 with the subject line “Application: RADIUS Program Manager”. In your cover letter, please concisely address the following:
- Why are you interested in the position?
- Why do your experience and skills – as an educator, facilitator and/or entrepreneur – make you a good fit?
- What would be the one question you would ask to better understand whether this job is a fit for you?
- Tell us about a time you built something awesome (program, project, event, organization, etc!).
Application close date: Jan 16th, 2017 at 11:59pm
Target start date: March 1, 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the RADIUS team, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a full-time contract position with a three-month check-in to ensure mutual fit.