RADIUS seeks an organized, creative, and diligent Program Coordinator to support our suite of programs for SFU based changemakers and our RADIUS Fellowship Program.
Reporting to the SFU Programs and Fellowship Manager and working closely with the rest of the RADIUS team, this role will play an integral role in supporting a number of key initiatives for early stage changemakers.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on April 7th (see application details below).
About RADIUS Social Innovation Lab & Venture Incubator
RADIUS delivers cohort-based programs to Radical Doers at various phases of exploration, launch, and growth. All of our programs build from a core focus on:
- developing personal leadership,
- creating peer-based learning and doing environments,
- bringing Doers from broad perspectives and backgrounds into the innovation and entrepreneurship community; and
- cultivating connections between the Radical Doers we work with and the broader ecosystem of partners, mentors, investors, lenders, learned ones, and other kick-ass doers.
Job Description: SFU Programs and Fellowship Coordinator
The SFU Programs and Fellowship Coordinator will provide support to the following program areas:
- SFU Changemaker Campus process
- The RADIUS Fellowship
- External training programs delivered by RADIUS
- SFU student focused programs run by RADIUS including:
- SFU Change Lab – a flagship studio program for SFU students interested in working deeply with community build social venture responses to pressing social challenges.
- SFU student Social Innovation Activators program, working with a team of students to identify and respond to opportunities for advancing the social innovation at SFU.
- The Student Social Innovation Seed Fund: in partnership with Embark, this program provides small grants for student social innovation initiatives across SFU.
- Competitions, events and workshops supporting the advancement of social innovation and changemaking at SFU.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- program promotion and recruitment
- supporting participant screening and intake processes
- program delivery coordination (securing speakers, coordinating content, etc)
- co-chairing the Seed Fund selection committee
- coordination and production of related events
- metrics tracking and reporting
- day to day meeting planning, logistics
- writing and communications related to programs, including report production
- meetings with program stakeholders and coordination of related networks
- on an ad hoc basis and coordinated within work plan, supporting other RADIUS initiatives
Are you our SFU Programs and Fellowship Coordinator?
The ideal candidate is likely early in their own career as a Radical Doer and will:
- see themselves as a change maker
- be excited about creating opportunities for students, learnings and early career radical doers to thrive and grow
- have experience working with students in a university or related learning environment
- be comfortable meeting respectfully and effectively with people in a variety of positions of influence, from first year students to those leading change from various positions within and outside the university
- have a clear track record of delivering projects on time and with strong outcomes
- work well in a self-directed fashion and be comfortable making decisions, and responding to emerging opportunities and a changing environment
- be motivated to help build a transformed economy, one geared to be both inclusive and innovative, and one that is more just, sustainable, resilient and healthy
- be a strong writer and communicator, in person, on social media, and in more formal written reports
- be comfortable giving, receiving and asking for feedback and;
- be comfortable with performing a variety of logistical and planning tasks within their role, from taking minutes, to planning event and meeting logistics, and processing paperwork
Strong assets include:
- familiarity with RADIUS SFU programming models
- experience as a facilitator
- networks in social innovation and entrepreneurship either at SFU or in the broader community
- comfort with the language, approaches and mindsets of entrepreneurship and innovation
- experience as a changemaker or entrepreneur
Contract and Compensation
This is a 1 year contract position with a 3 month mutual assessment for fit, and projected to be renewable pending funding. RADIUS is a living wage employer and the compensation range for this role is from $40,500 to $50,500 commensurate with experience.
RADIUS strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally under-represented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, people identifying as LGBT*QI, and people with disabilities.
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and cover letter in one file to Tamara Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7th at 11:59pm with the subject line “Application: RADIUS Program Coordinator.”
In your cover letter, please concisely address the following in no more than two pages:
- Why are you interested in the position?
- Why do your experience and skills make you a good fit?
- What would be the one question you would ask to better understand whether this job is a fit?
- Tell us about a time you built something awesome (program, project, event, organization, etc!).
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the RADIUS team. We expect to hold interviews between April 11th and 24th.